In Person Service - RSVP Below...
Dear Church Family,
I am happy to share that we will be celebrating in-person worship on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. Our 10 a.m. online worship service will continue to be offered (on Facebook and here on our "Livestream" tab) for those who are at greater risk, or who are not yet comfortable returning to in-person worship. At this time, we will be offering one worship opportuny at 10 a.m. We will add additional worship opportunities to accommodate for demand. The service will be offered in the Family Life Center at this time to provide the safest possible environment and ease of access.
The GUMC COVID-19 Task Force and our Executive Leadership Team has put a lot of work into preparing our return to in-person worship. We have carefully considered the guidelines and expectations to provide the safest return that we can. Because the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet over we understand that there are things we must do as a congregation to celebrate in-person worship. We appreciate your understanding and continued support of the ministry of GUMC and look forward to the opportunity we will have to celebrate worship together.
As we begin this return to in-person worship there are several things that we need to do together to be in compliance with the directives given to us by the CDC, Arkansas Department of Health, the Governor and our Bishop and Cabinet:
1. RSVP: At this time, we will only be allowed to have 50 people present at each worship service. The RSVP system will help us to know when we need to provide another worship opportunity and will allow us to do social tracing if that becomes necessary. (RSVP using the links provided below.)
2. Face Masks & Hand Sanitizer: It will be required that everyone over the age of 10 will wear face masks and everyone will sanitize their hands upon arriving for worship. We encourage parents and guardians to follow the CDC guidelines for children wearing face masks. You are encouraged to bring your own favorite mask. However, face masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance.
3. Nursery & Children's Church will not be available at this time of reopening. Disposable children's activity bags will be available upon request.
4. Social Distancing: Chairs in the FLC have been set at social distancing standards, and we ask that you maintain a social distance of at least 6 ft., and have no physical contact with individuals outside of your household.
5. Use of the North Entrance to the FLC: The North Doors of the FLC (parking lot off El Paso) will be open 15 minutes before each worship service. These doors open directly into the FLC. If you need an accessible entrance, the South Doors (closest to the Handicap Parking) can be used by you and your household.
6. Seating: As you enter the worship space, you will be directed to your seats by a greeter.
7. Exiting the Service: During the last song, the greeters will open the main doors, and you will be dismissed by section to allow for social distancing after the service.
Please remember that it is our responsibility to care for one another. If you have had a fever of 100.00 F° or higher, have a cough shortness of breath or other symptoms typical of COVID-19, or have had known exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, we ask that you remain home and participate in our online worship service. As always if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to see the entire re-opening plan feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the office at (479)996-6397.
Rev. John Embrey
Vacation Bible Shool is going "virtual"!
Click on the FOCUS link below to register...
Join us LIVE Sundays @ 10:00 a.m.
GUMC's COVID-19 Response